Terms & Conditions
Standard Business Terms and customer information
I. Standard business terms
§ 1 Basic provisions
(1) The following business terms are applicable to all the contracts, which you conclude with us as a supplier (BFE Online Stores GmbH) via the www.backpacking-united.com website. Unless otherwise agreed upon, the inclusion, if necessary, of your own conditions is ruled out.
(2) A ‘consumer’ in the sense of the following regulations is every natural person who concludes a legal transaction which, to an overwhelming extent, cannot be attributed to either his commercial or independent professional activities. The term ‘businessman’ refers to every natural person, legal person or legally responsible partnership that concludes a legal transaction in pursuance of his/its independent professional or commercial activity.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The subject-matter of the contract is the selling of products.
(2) Our product presentations on the Internet are non-binding and do not represent a binding offer for the conclusion of a contract.
(3) You can use the online shopping cart system to place a binding offer of purchase (order). Here, the goods meant for purchase are stored in the ‘Shopping cart’. You can use the respective button in the navigation bar to call up the “shopping cart” and make changes at any time. After the ‘check-out’ page has been called up and the respective personal data and payment and shipping conditions have been entered, all the order data is displayed again on the order overview page. If you choose to use the ‘PayPal – Express’ immediate payment system by clicking the ‘PayPal-Express’ button that is integrated into the shop system, you are led to the PayPal login page. After a successful log-in procedure, your address data and account data that have been saved with PayPal are displayed. The ‘next’ button leads you back to the order overview page in our online shop. Before the order is sent, you can re-check all the data, change it (which can also be done via the internet browser’s ‘back’ function) or cancel the purchase transaction. When the order is placed using the “purchase” button, you are considered to have made a binding offer to us.
You then receive an automatically-generated email regarding the receipt of your order. This email does not yet lead to the conclusion of a contract.
(4) The acceptance of the offer (and with it, the conclusion of the contract) takes place within a period of 2 days via a textual confirmation (e.g. email) in which you receive confirmation (order acknowledgement) regarding the execution of the order or the delivery of the products in question. If you have not received any corresponding message within this deadline, you are no longer considered to be bound to your order. Under such circumstances, any services that have already been provided are restored without undue delay.
(5) The execution of the order and the sending of all the details necessitated by the conclusion of the contract take place via e-mail, in a partially-automated manner. Consequently, you have to ensure that the e-mail address that you have deposited with us is the correct one, and that the receipt of the respective e-mails is guaranteed. In particular, you have to ensure that the respective e-mails are not blocked by a SPAM filter.
§ 3 Special agreements related to the offered payment methods
(1) Purchase on account via BillSAFE
In case of a purchase on account transaction that is carried out via BillSAFE, we irrevocably cede our entire payment claim against you to PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. ,22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg. You understand that PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. uses the delivered data to carry out a credit assessment before accepting the cession. We reserve the right to refuse to allow you to use the payment method in question on the basis of the result of the credit assessment. You shall be informed about this before your order is dispatched. In case of authorisation of the purchase on account transaction, PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. accepts the cession. In such a case, debt-discharging payments can only be made to PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
§ 4 Right of retention, reservation of proprietary rights
(1) You can only exercise a right of retention if the situation in question involves claims arising from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods remain our property until the purchase price is paid in full.
§ 5 Liability
(1) We assume full liability for damages associated with loss of life, injuries or health-related damages. We also assume full liability in all situations involving malice and gross negligence, situations involving fraudulent concealment of a defect, situations involving the take-over of the guarantee associated with the properties and condition of the object of purchase, situations involving damages corresponding to the product liability law and all other legally-regulated situations.
(2) If the situation in question relates to important contractual obligations and involves minor negligence, our liability is limited to the foreseeable damages that are typical for the contract. The term ‘important contractual obligations’ refers to important obligations that follow from the nature of the contract and whose violation would jeopardise the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract. It also covers obligations that the contents of the contract impose on us in order to facilitate the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract and whose fulfilment makes it possible for the contract to be executed in an orderly manner, and compliance with which may regularly be taken for granted by you.
(3) When it comes to the violation of inessential contractual obligations, no liability shall be assumed if the situation in question involves violations of obligations associated with light negligence.
(4) The current state of the respective technology makes it impossible to guarantee that data transmission operations that use the internet will take place in an error-free manner characterised by permanent availability. In this respect, we cannot vouch for the constant and uninterrupted availability of the website and the service offered on the website.
§ 6 Choice of law, place of fulfilment, jurisdiction
(1) German law shall apply. This choice of law only applies to customers if it does not result in the revocation of the protection guaranteed by the mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which the respective customer’s usual place of residence is located (benefit-of-the-doubt principle).
(2) If you are not a consumer, but a businessman, a legal entity under public law or an institutional fund governed by public law, our place of business is the place of jurisdiction as well as the place of fulfilment for all services that follow from the business relationships that exist with us. The same condition applies to situations in which you are not associated with a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the EU, as well as situations in which the place of residence or the usual place of residence is not known at the time of commencement of proceedings. This has no bearing on the capacity to call upon the court associated with another place of jurisdiction.
(3) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods are explicitly inapplicable.
II. Customer information
1. Identity of the seller
BFE Online Stores GmbH
Company’s complaints office:
2. Information regarding the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps associated with the conclusion of the contract, the contract conclusion itself and the correction options are executed in accordance with § 2 of our standard business terms (part I.).
3. Contractual language, saving the text of the contract
3.1 Contract language shall be English.
3.2 The complete text of the contract is not saved with us. Before the order is sent, via the online - shopping cart system the contract data can be printed out or electronically saved using the browser’s print function. After the order is received by us, the order data, the legally-mandated details related to distance selling contracts and the standard business terms are re-sent to you via e-mail.
4. Main features of the product or service
The main features of the product and/or service can be found in the product description and the supplementary details appearing on our website.
5. Prices and payment arrangements
5.1 The prices mentioned in the respective offers represent total prices, as do the shipping costs. They include all the price components, including all the incidental taxes.
5.2 The dispatch costs that are incurred are not included in the purchase price. They can be called up via the relevant button on our website or in the relevant item description, are separately specified during the ordering process and must be borne by you separately, unless a free delivery has been agreed upon.
5.3 The payment methods that are available to you are specified under a correspondingly-named button on our website, or in the respective product description.
5.4 Unless otherwise specified for the respective payment methods, the payment claims arising from the contract that has been concluded become payable immediately.
6. Delivery conditions
6.1 The delivery conditions, the delivery date and any potential delivery restrictions can be found under a correspondingly-named button on our website, or in the respective product description.
6.2 If you are a consumer, the following is statutorily regulated: The risk of the sold item accidentally being destroyed or degraded during shipping only passes over to you when the item in question is delivered, regardless of whether or not the shipping operation is insured. This condition does not apply if you have independently commissioned a transport company that has not been specified by us or a person who has otherwise been appointed to execute the shipping operation.
7. Law associated with liability for defects in goods
7.1 The legal regulations apply.
7.2 As a user, you are requested to promptly check the product for completeness, visible defects and transport damage as soon as it is delivered, and promptly disclose your complaints to us and the shipping company in writing.Even if you do not comply with this request, it shall have no effect on your legal warranty claims.
These SBTs and customer details were created by the lawyers specialising in IT law who work for the Händlerbund, and are constantly checked for legal conformity. Händlerbund Management AG guarantees the legal security of the texts and assumes liability in case warnings are issued. More detailed information can be found on the following website: http://www.haendlerbund.de/agb-service.
Revocation right for consumers
(A ‘consumer’ is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction which, to an overwhelming extent, cannot be attributed to either his commercial or independent professional activities.)
Instructions for revocation
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without specifying any reasons.
The revocation period is fourteen days with effect from the day,
- on which you or a third party nominated by you, which is not the carrier, had taken possession of the products, provided you had ordered one or more products within the scope of a standard order and this/these product/products is/are delivered uniformly;
- on which you or a third party nominated by you, which is not the carrier, had taken possession of the last product, provided you had ordered several products within the scope of a standard order and these products are delivered separately;
- on which you or a third party nominated by you, which is not the carrier, had taken possession of the last part delivery or the last unit, provided you had ordered a product, which is delivered in several part deliveries or units;
In order to exercise your revocation right, you must inform us (BFE Online Stores GmbH, Philipp-Reis-Straße 44/1, 69115 Heidelberg , ) of your decision to revoke this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent via post, fax or email). You can use the enclosed specimen revocation form for this, which however is not mandatory.
In order to safeguard the revocation period, it is sufficient that you send the notification about the exercise of the revocation right before the expiry of the revocation period.
Consequences of the revocation
If you revoke this contract, we shall repay all the payments, which we received from you, including the delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs, which arise from that fact that you selected a form of delivery other than the most reasonable standard delivery offered by us), immediately and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification about the revocation of this contract from you. We use the same means of payment, which you had originally used during the original transaction, for this repayment unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; you will not be charged any fees owing to this repayment.
We can refuse the repayment until the products are returned to us or until you have furnished evidence that you have sent the products back to us, depending on whichever is earlier.
You must return or transfer the products to us immediately and, in any case, at the latest within fourteen days with effect from the day on which you inform us of the revocation of this contract. The deadline is maintained if you send the products before the expiry of the fourteen-day deadline.
You bear the direct costs for returning the products.
You must pay for any depreciation of the products only if this depreciation can be attributed to any handling with you that was not necessary for checking the condition, features and functionality of the products.
Criteria for exclusion or expiry
The revocation right is not available for contracts
- for delivery of products, which are not prefabricated and for whose manufacturing an individual selection or stipulation by the consumer is important or which are clearly tailored to the personal requirements of the consumer;
- for delivery of products, which can spoil quickly or whose use-by date would be exceeded quickly;
- for delivery of alcoholic drinks, whose price was agreed at the time of concluding the contract, which however can be delivered 30 days after the conclusion of the contract at the earliest and whose current value depends on the fluctuations in the market, on which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- for delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts.
The revocation right expires prematurely in case of contracts
for delivery of sealed products, which are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene if their seal has been removed after the delivery;
for delivery of products if they have been mixed inseparably with other goods after the delivery, owing to their condition;
for delivery of sound or video recording or computer software in a sealed package if the seal has been removed after the delivery.
Specimen - revocation form
(If you wish to revoke the contract, please fill up this form and send it back to us.)
- To BFE Online Stores GmbH, Philipp-Reis-Straße 44/1, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany :
- I/we (*) herewith revoke the contract concluded by me/ us (*) regarding the purchase of the following products (*)/
the provision of the following service (*)
- Ordered on (*)/ received on (*)
- Name of the consumer(s)
- Address of the consumer(s)
- Signature of the consumer(s) (only in case of a notification on paper)
(*) Cross out the incorrect option.